Kościół św. Jakuba Tuchów
St. James Church Tuchów
The church is situated on a high slope falling down towards the valley of the Biała river, near the market square.
It was built in 1791–1794, founded by the Benedictine Abbey in Tyniec, in place of two previous temples: a wooden one from the mid-15th century and a brick one from the 17th century. The present church is made of bricks in the late Baroque style and has three naves. From the west, the facade is crowned with a tower decorated with a spherical helmet. Most of the church interior decorations are kept in the Rococo style, which is represented, among others, by the richly decorated main altar with a picture of St. James and eight curly columns with statues of: St. Mary Magdalene, St. Maria, mother of James and Joseph, St. John and the Virgin of Sorrows. Moreover, in the finial there is also a sculpture of St. Archangel Michael trampling the dragon. Other Rococo decorations include side altars, pulpit, baptismal font, celebrant throne and organ prospectus.